Thursday, March 16, 2006

4 years and you have accomplished what?

Apparently not a damn thing. For 4 years both Dem and Rep have bickered over what to do and gotten nothing done. How many Doctors have we lost to states like Indiana where the insurance is cheaper due to Caps on malpractice claims. I can think of 3 OB/GYNs right off the top of my head.

I have to say I find the idea of creating a state-run malpractice-insurance carrier a nightmare maker. Its also typical of the Liberal way of thought. The govts job is not to provide insurance. But its also not the govts job to provide a way to squeeze money out of insurance companies and make trial lawyers rich.

Do a search on yahoo for Cerebral Palsy. Now look to the left in the ad section and tell me what you see. Do you know why lawyers love these little darlings? Because they know the insurance company will settle even if the OB/GYN was not at fault. Experience has shown that a jury will feel so bad for family there is no way they will not rule in their favor. I think it has been shown in research the last I read that only 10% of CP children had a difficult delivery. But in front of a jury it really doesnt matter.

The simple fact is when you are in front a jury of your peers when you are a Dr does the housewife next door really constitute one of your peers?

No comments: