Monday, May 04, 2009

I have a better idea: Boycott Government Motors

I ran across this article: Liberals, Get Patriotic and Ditch the Volvo

It looks like we'll have domestic car companies to kick around for a while longer. So here's a modest proposal for liberal Democrats: At least think about buying American.


I have seen this Obama quote in several articles and it chaps my ass each time.

On Thursday, announcing the Chrysler bankruptcy, the president made an explicit request. "If you are considering buying a car," he said, "I hope it will be an American car. "


So I have a better idea. Real conservatives who detest this unconstitutional bailout of the automakers should boycott GM and Chrysler. That's right make them fail by refusing to buy the garbage they produce. If you want to buy an American car you can look through this list:

Non Big 3 automakers with manufacturing operations in United States

Just a stones throw from me you can find the locally built Toyota Tundra, Sienna, Sequoia, Camry, Solara, Venza, Avalon, and Highlander. Those are American made cars there Mr President. Maybe by American made what he meant to say was UAW made.

No comments: