Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A parka to weather the coming ice age




The weather this week is going to drop down the next 2 nights to 5 degrees for the low on Thursday here in Western Kentucky. Just for that occasion I give you my parka of choice the N-3B by Alpha Industries. When you wear pajamas to work its great to have a warm parka that comes down just past your crotch in an icy wind.

I have had this one now 2 years and I have to say its held up well. I wear it to work as well as out and about. I like the deep pockets for storing my gloves and the upper chest pockets for my keys and iPhone. No trouble with the zipper whatsoever and the hood is a godsend. When you fully snorkel the hood up it really cuts out the breeze. I even used it deer hunting this year in place of my camo goretex fleece lined jacket when the wind was whipping. I may well buy a second one to wear out in black and start using the olive one just for hunting I was so impressed.

No comments: