Thursday, December 04, 2008

Sexism

From BLACKFIVE: Ask an Infantryman: MAN LANDS IN HOT WATER AFTER SON SPILLS THE BEANS

DEAR ABBY: My husband and I are still at odds over something that happened months ago. He, his best friend and my 13-year-old son, "Mark," went to spring training in Florida. On one of the days, they went to lunch at a restaurant that features scantily clad waitresses. My husband told Mark not to tell me about it and to leave the telling to him. When they returned home on Sunday after their three-day weekend, Mark let it slip where they had gone for lunch one day. I hit the roof! Mark is a very young 13. I was furious that my husband took him to a place that Mark described as making him feel "uncomfortable" because of all the skin that was being shown. After I jumped on my husband for doing it, I heard him outside yelling at Mark for telling me before he had a chance to. I'm being accused of overreacting, Abby. Am I? -- PROTECTIVE LIONESS IN ATLANTA


Heh.

No comments: